Jun 3, 2014
Mechanical Project on Internal Gear Pumps
Internal gear pumps are widely used and versatile. While they are often used on thin liquids such as solvents and fuel oil, they excel at efficiently pumping thick liquids such as asphalt, chocolate, and adhesives. The useful viscosity range of an internal gear pump is from 1cPs to over 1,000,000cP. In this project, a bipolar stepper motor is used, which is used widely in all kinds of floppy drives and CD drives. You can also Subscribe to FINAL YEAR PROJECT'S by Email for more such projects and seminar.
The internal gear pump is non-pulsing, self-priming, and may dry for brief periods. They are conjointly bi-rotational, that means that identical pump will be used to load and unload vessels. As a result of internal gear pumps have solely 2 moving components, they're reliable, easy to work, and straightforward to take care of.
The bipolar stepper motor uses two coils, which have two terminals each. There are three parameters of the stepper motor that can be controlled: direction, speed and number of rotations.
Recommended Projects: Automobile Based Mechanical Projects
To change the direction of the motor, you have to change the sequence of pulses applied to its coils. The pulse sequence for clock-wise and anticlockwise rotation is shown in the table on the next page for better understanding. In the table, ‘0’ and ‘1’ indicate low logic, and high logic, respectively.
Working of Internal Gear Pump
1. Liquid enters the suction port between the rotor (large exterior gear) and layabout (small interior gear) teeth. The arrows indicate the direction of the pump and liquid.
2. Liquid travels through the pump between the teeth of the "gear-within-a-gear" principle. The crescent form divides the liquid and acts as a seal between the suction and discharge ports.
3. The pump head is currently nearly flooded, simply before forcing the liquid out of the discharge port. Inter-meshing gears of the layabout and rotor type latched pockets for the liquid that assures volume management.
4. Rotor and layabout teeth mesh fully to create a seal equal from the discharge and suction ports. This seal forces the liquid out of the discharge port.
Application of internal gear pump are:
• All varieties of fuel oil and lube oil
• Resins and Polymers
• Alcohols and solvents
• Asphalt, Bitumen, and Tar
• Polyurethane foam (Isocyanate and polyol)
• Food products such as corn syrup, chocolate, and peanut butter
• Paint, inks, and pigments
• Soaps and surfactants
This report contains full description so component, working, circuit diagram, block diagram, assembly language programming etc. to complete the project. Use this report for your reference and study work only.
Author:-Kripal Singh Chauhan, Nitin Rautela, Mustakeem Ali, Ramashankar, Rohit Saini
About : Final-yearproject.com
Final-yearproject.com is one stop for all your project needs. You can find projects and seminars related to Electronics, Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, MBA, Pharmacy, Computer Science, IT, Bio-Tech, Robotics, Telecom, Wireless, Automation, BCA, MATLAB etc. You can Like us at Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Google+.